Monday, August 14, 2006

wisdom for sale

Like apples of gold in settings of silver
Is a word spoken in right circumstances.
Like an earring of gold and an ornament of fine gold
Is a wise reprover to a listening ear.

Proverbs 25: 11-12

Because we are usually surrounded with a gang of children, I don't have many uninterrupted conversations with Friend #21. The scarcity of a thing tends to increase its value, which is indeed the case with heart-to-heart talks with this dear friend. So if it takes a getaway in a large van (destination: mall) , I'm in.

To the casual observer, the spoils of the day may look like the bulging shopping bags I dragged through the mudroom door. But if you ask me, I would tell you the real treasure I bagged today, none of it displayed under any "clearance" sign: apples, earrings, and ornaments. All gold.

Thanks, Friend #21.

1 Comments:

Blogger kb said...

Thanks.

I'm missing you already.

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home