Wednesday, August 02, 2006

and again....

One more entry regarding giving; excuse the fixation.

It begins with that inner nudge, a niggling idea that refuses to be shrugged. When watered by thought, it grows into something more: an invite to dinner, an offer of prayer, a sprung-out-of-nowhere phone call or any such thoughtful thing.

The call to give.

Allow me to present again that snatch of heavenly advice from the Apostle Paul:
"Now He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food, will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase your harvest for righteousness;
you will be enriched in everything for all liberality, which through us is producing thanksgiving to God." (2 Cor 9:11-12)


I've been given seed and bread galore, and as for being "enriched", Bill Gates ain't got nothin' over me. I'm feeling rich today. Dripping rich.

A breezy hot morning calls me out of the quiet house for a stroll with someone dear. Friend #7 is here from Tennessee, along with two gentle gentlemen with the kindredest of spirits. She blesses my life with friendship of the true kind, of which I wouldn't blame the angels for being jealous. When I consider the things I have "given" to her, they seem so small in the face of what she has brought to me and my family. I've tried to express this without being poetic, but I don't believe it can be done.

So dear reader, if you want to join the equation, you may. Just produce thanksgiving to God and we can call Apostle Paul's instructions a wrap-up once again.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww... thanks.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Darlene Sinclair said...

I suppose so -- for you.

See you!

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home