Sunday, July 23, 2006

some of my favorite things

Last evening was Movie Night at the Hull's Homestead. We ordered out for pizza and kicked back to watch 175 minutes of classic film-making: The Sound of Music. Grandma Jean joined us, along with Friend #12 (for her first-time viewing! We love to enrich her education.)

This was just the appetizer for attending the real-live stage version next week. Various talented friends will be treading the boards in this local production, and we wanted to prime our pumps for this classic tale. As befits a proper audience, we will stifle our urge to sing along. (and let's hope those around us do the same...) Those Oscar & Hammerstein tunes just rise to the surface and won't be denied. As I took off on my morning jaunt, I wanted to belt out, The hills are aliiivvve..... But it was 7:30, so I harnessed it.

It's off to church this morning. You'd think it was Casual Friday the way we garb ourselves for a service in July. The worship team usually rocks like a Saturday night band and Jesus wore sandals, so it's all good.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lore Ferguson said...

There are movies in the park here every Saturday and, just our luck, we missed last Saturday when they were playing The Sound of Music. . . for the rest of the summer it's modern fluff like Cheaper by the Dozen II and Hitch.

Darn.

But we're planning on going with you when we get home so don't order your tickets yet! Unless it's cheaper. Hmmm.

I CAN'T wait to see you!

9:31 AM  
Blogger 르네 said...

"...and Jesus wore sandals, so it's all good."

I like the logic here. Maybe I'll inform my childhood church of this tidbit =) nahhh. =)

9:56 AM  
Blogger sam said...

Sound of Music is my all time favorite movie. My kids can vouch for that as we've had to watch it about a million times together. I am so bummed I am missing the stage production. This is the second one in recent years that someone I love is in and I have missed them both. Why does a little thing like 1200 miles have to be such a problem?

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home