Saturday, July 22, 2006

Of Wallpaper and Conscience

This week has been one full of wallpaper; definitely the largest papering project I have ever undertaken. It included curving attic walls and acres of sloping ceiling.

I am heading over there this morning with my trusty x-acto knife to nip & tuck. The saddest part? Probably the fact that it doesn't even look good: four uncomplimentary patterns were hung every which way, upside down and sideways. Yeah, this crazy job was just a prep for painting. (An unrewarding task for those who like to look back on a job well done!) Since the accompanying conversation while atop creaky ladders was priceless, I see this gargantuan effort (accomplished in an attic bedroom the hottest week of the summer) as a blinding success. Almost as successful as Always, Patsy Cline. Okay, a tad overstated. But you get the point.

It would take a pleasant drive to Malone, NY and an hour of my time to FINISH the last papering job on my docket. I left them high and dry last December, with one measly piece left to hang. This stubborn fact crept into the "good conscience" section of my brain numerous times this week. I'll be sheepishly reporting to their doorstep very soon.

And then I'll get a good night's sleep.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

5:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home