Monday, August 07, 2006

she goes "home"

tomorrow morning, she leaves us.

car packed to the hilt
basil plant in the back seat
backpacks overstuffed with favorite books
once left behind
making this place a little less home
(or so I lament).

she heads for O-Hi-O first
then to Tennessee.
who can can call a state like "Tennessee" home?
that's not home.

here is home
where we'll be waiting for her
when she is done getting smart.

there's some letting go to be done here,
I know.
I'll get right on it, too.

but not tonight,
thankyouverymuch.

2 Comments:

Blogger kb said...

Tennessee makes quite a nice home, actually.

So, before I head home, how about one last visit to the Hull homestead? I don't think I could rightly leave without it...

11:19 AM  
Blogger Beck's Bulletin said...

A friend passed on your blog and I have fallen in love! ...with your love for the Lord, for your enthusiasm to seize the day and celebrate life, and your commitment to listening to the still small voice of the Lord! What a blessing!

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home