Tuesday, September 19, 2006

scattered notes

1. I love getting phone calls from another country. It takes a herculean mental leap to imagine the miles that lie in between our phone-banter. My family is in the land of white beach, palm tree, mango, and diesel fume. (They are in the city, presently!) I am in the land of chilly lake water, grape-laden vine, tomato, and horse manure. But a phone-call dispenses with all that.

2. What we choose to do in our spare time says a lot about ourselves. This past week, I busied myself with blogging, canning, reading, landscaping, walking, playing piano, kayaking & canoeing, and long phone-calls, almost all of which are solo activities. And there you have it.

3. It is a constant adventure to serve God. Last summer, I went to Nepal and had the time of my life. This spring, I travelled to sunny Spain. This fall, my family went to the Dominican Republic sans mom. But it is also an adventure to stay home, if that's what is required.

4. Landscaping is an expensive venture. My hubby generously gave me a large chunk of change to make things happen around here, and he was correct about the amount. At this point, grass seems like the better idea. I'll be hunting for free stuff to fill in the empty gaps. If I pull in your driveway with a shovel and a gleam in my eye, you'll know why.

5. Prayer works. And that's all I'm gonna say about that.
(
Today, anyway.)

2 Comments:

Blogger TrashTidBits said...

You can bring your shovel to the transfer station and get a lot of free things, including wood chips.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Darlene Sinclair said...

And mine, too. Plenty of hosta and pieces of astilbe and this and that. You will just have to dig past, around, or through the weeds. ;)

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home