Saturday, October 14, 2006

overheard

A spare moment early this morning brought my thoughts to Friends #5a and #5b. I punched in their phone number, complete with the Wisconsin area code. After following up on a health issue of #5a's, (keep praying for his eye) I enjoyed an animated conversation with #5b. We talked excitedly about sharing our (now-annual) Thanksgiving Dinner together. This melding of kindred families is truly a labor of love, since it takes 17 hours to drive to their front door. But what a beloved front door it is to us, knowing what dear hearts lie beyond it!

Friend #5b related yesterday's events to me involving her hubby's birthday and the surprise homecoming of their two oldest from college for the weekend. This is a family which has sacrificed comfort and convenience to follow God's leading, so it warms my heart to hear them reveling in each other's presence. My latest musings on legacy and its import on my life were summed up in this mom's words to me:

"Nothing is dearer to me than my kids, my family. All we have poured into them has been so worth it. And to have them all home is so precious."

So, yeah.
What she said.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lore Ferguson said...

so ummm. . . can i come to kenosha too for thanksgiving?

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We would LOVE to have Lore! Thanks for your posts--they always bring a smile to my face and a warm feeling in my heart.

4:17 PM  
Blogger kb said...

Well, you know, that's not too far from the original Bergie Girl stomping grounds...

Hi:) I dreamed last week that I was trying to get to your house...but I was stuck in a ditch...or hanging upside down on uneven bars...I don't know.

5:37 PM  
Blogger thisrequiresthought said...

all you people:
1. what experience?
2. YESSSS.
3. right back achta, Abbi.
4. kb: you are missed. please have another dream, and in this one, make it to our door.

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home