Tuesday, October 10, 2006

this week

What events are a part of our week?

-Today's riding lesson was cancelled, so that's one trip to Canton erased from the chalkboard. Today we are studying math & science. Our morning started with a DVD from Walking the Bible. The little darlings are organizing information for our history project, too. I am vacuuming lady bugs, baking, making phone calls, attempting to post on my blog, practicing the piano, and running errands. After I correct math.

-Wednesday is Friend #12's birthday. We will wedge in a birthday cake in between Missions Night and bedtime. Oh yeah...Missions Night: our church's annual evening of pizza, dessert, and sharing of all the teams that were sent out this past year. My family will share about their trip to the D.R. (And as I type this, it just occurred to me: I went on a trip this year, too. I wonder if I will be asked to share about Spain. Huh.) The presentations have gone quite techno, with Power Point and sound clips and all, so they advertised it this year as a Dinner and a Movie. Fun. Our church that has a big heart for the world, and I love that fact.

-I also accompany a voice class at Crane tomorrow. The beginnings of a stack of "to be learned" music is on the piano.

-Thursday morning is a violin lesson. This reminds me of our violin teacher's upcoming wedding, taking place this Saturday. #1 Son is doing the photography and #1 Daughter and myself are in charge of the cookie & punch reception. How many cookies will 100 people eat? We will know the answer by late afternoon on Saturday.

-Thursday evening is Jameson Dunphey's Baby Shower. His lovely mom was smart enough (and patient enough) to request it be held after the baby's birth. We will shower them both with love, advice, and brightly wrapped gifts.

-#1 Daughter raked in five new pairs of jeans this week; some are dressier than others, all were absolutely needed. All have to be hemmed. Wahhhh. But our Home Economics class includes hemming, so I'm not too stressed. (What Home Economics class, you ask? Well, the one I just declared we are taking.)

-TGIF, I think. Friday School is in full swing now. We meet with over 180 other home-schooled children, their parents, and helpers to "do school". Gym, Art, Choir, Band, Apologetics, and a sprinkling of other subjects keep us busy. I play the piano for the choirs and in my free time, catch up with numerous friends, all of which are too busy to chat on the phone during the week.

-Saturday: wedding doings. Hey, maybe I'll have a relaxing cup of coffee with my dear Hubby, who arrives home from his out-of-town job. For the next few months, he will work locally. Yay!

Now that I have mentally lined up my week, I hope to post some amazingly intropective and inspiring thoughts. Manana.

1 Comments:

Blogger 르네 said...

manana looks strange without the tilde =)

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home