Tuesday, February 27, 2007

food, books, studying, music, and hair

I made hummus this morning. The smell of lemon and garlic are on my fingers to remind me that a treat awaits me for dinner tonight! A batch of home-made yogurt is growing in the oven; it will be ready this evening so we can enjoy banana-berry shakes. If my afternoon schedule allows, we shall bake a Hummingbird Cake. Mmm. (and by the way, mmm is an official Scrabble Dictionary word. Multiple games of Upwords have enlightened me to facts such as this.)

My life is not all about food. Books and study take up a lion's share of my time, too. We are reading Light Force by Brother Andrew, and the kids and I all agree it's a fine read. Brother Andrew is best known for his book God's Smuggler and his ministry Open Doors, which has provided Bibles and support for persecuted churches all over the world. I wish I could meet this precious guy and hug him for his humility and unswerving devotion.
In the "study department", I meet with two amateur scholars this evening for our continuing study of Second Peter. The more I learn, the more I realize I don't know! (One might think this would discourage me, but no: it's like trying to eat only one potato chip.) The only clincher is the stuff that gets in the way of study-time. Like housework, for example.

Music wriggles its way into my schedule, too. I am learning a fantastic Strauss song that taxes my lazy fingers to the extreme. Strauss knows what he is doing though, and the results are worth the trouble. I MUST learn the Keystone Cops Ballet from my High-Button Shoes score.
It is on the top of my "to do" list. How can our choreographers move ahead without a recording? (They can't.)

I am willing to attend to all of this stuff, as long as Carina is willing to attend to my hair this afternoon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing like a Carina "do" to get you ready for whatever comes at you. :) (I'm rather overdue for a hair trim myself...)

Brietta

2:09 PM  
Blogger 르네 said...

I've decided to like those helpful scrabble hints after all =)

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home