Monday, February 19, 2007

around our house

-We celebrated President's Day by eating lunch at the Bagelry. Actually, we only remembered it was a national holiday because the bank and post office were closed. This is one small drawback of home-schooling: the disconnect that happens when our study schedule doesn't include long weekends. My darling students vocalized their complaints ("why do public-school kids have a winter break and we don't?") but I paid them no mind. They stopped grousing when their mouths were filled with bagel. They're good kids. Then we came home and hit the books.

-Anticipation seizes me when the mail is delivered. I am waiting for a very important package: replacement bags and filter for my vacuum. I'm very attached to my vacuum. (Call it a vacuum-attachment, if you must.)

-I am reading a great library book by Sister Wendy about her favorite American museums. I am bulking up for my next visit to the Met, whenever that may be. My motto: be prepared. I am also reading From Beirut to Jerusalem by Thomas Friedman. It's a good read and very informative, although the topic (the Lebanese civil war) is outside my usual intellectual zone.

-I miss Friend #12, who is in western NY visiting a friend. No one will play Upwords with me tonight. I miss her for other reasons, too.

-#1 Son misses his camera. It is in the "camera hospital" for repairs.

-#1 Daughter is making cookies with my apron on, making her look shockingly like me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home