Saturday, February 10, 2007

Sunday dinner

listening to: "Wait, wait... don't tell me!"
watching: snow falling
thinking about: how to afford a trip to England and Spain. Or just England. Or just this week's groceries.
playing with: food

I am playing with food this morning. Stuffed pork roast is on the dinner menu tomorrow, along with curried rice and green beans. Cappucchino Cheesecake and fresh fruit will be featured for dessert.
Here is my own recipe for stuffing:

Apricot-Corn Bread Stuffing

1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup diced dried apricots
1 tsp allspice
1 T instant vegetable broth mix combined with 1 C hot water
2 cups cubed stale bread (today's is whole-wheat molasses)
2 cups corn bread (discovered in the freezer!)
salt and pepper to taste

saute onion and celery until soft. Add apricots and combine thoroughly. Remove from heat.
stir in allspice and broth. Add all bread and toss to coat evenly. Mix only lightly!
Can be used with chicken or pork.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pete said...

oooh, sounds yummy! Who gets to be the favored friend on the tasteful end of the bargain??

I think that I need a "Nancy Hull Hug" Its been a while! Hopefully I'll be in good health next time I see you!

-Pete

4:04 PM  
Blogger thisrequiresthought said...

you can count on the hug, for sure.
as to your question about the "favored friends", it's the Diederich family.

fun, huh?

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

loved the bread.

no really.

loved the bread.

i wanna know where i can get the recipe.

you know, for when i'm actually feeling OK enough to get up and do things, like go to the bathroom, without the world spinning around me, leaving me breathless and dizzy and-- worst of all-- vomiting. (and, yes, i really am this pathetic when i'm sick.)

thanks for thinking of me.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home