Monday, March 05, 2007

dribs and drabs of this 'n that

~Any day now, we will welcome Baby Naomi into the world. Seven siblings are ready to greet her arrival, along with mom & dad, of course. The rest of us will beg to hold her and invent ways to make her smile.

~I made a new friend today. We met for the first time to rehearse a Liszt piano concerto, and I couldn't help but notice that she looked closer to my age than most of the students I work with.
She and her family live in Ottawa where her husband is the pastor of a large (few thousand!) church in the downtown area. In snatches of excited conversation between notes, we realized how much we have in common. We even pray for some of the same people! How cool is that?

~We are planning a trip to NYC in two weeks. Friend #12 will join us for a long drive, dinner with family, traffic jams, and a whole day at the Metropolitan Museum. If time and money allow, we hope to catch a performance of The Pirates of Penzance at the NYC Opera. I can dream, can't I?

~Tonight I will attempt to finish recording excerpts for the musical. After agonizing for a month how to reduce three staffs into two, it dawned on me that I can record the bottom two, and then do the top line in a separate take. Well, duh.

The odds are good that if I clear my mind of bits of this 'n that, then bold, innovative, and universe-shaking thoughts may emerge. Eventually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home