Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Getting Away for a Day in the Country

In the midst of a tightly-scheduled afternoon, (schoolwork, household chores, practice, etc.) I announced a trip to the South Colton Trail. In five minutes, we jumped into the car with cameras and water bottles for a brisk hike. Friend #7 was up to her usual silly tricks: here she is prancing with unbridled joy.
It's a good thing we were speechless. The thunder of the falls drowned out all conversation.
Girls with blue eyes are so photogenic, doncha think?
The Mighty Raquette. I could only imagine how many kilowatts of power it was generating....
Up from the brown forest floor sprung patches of color. This is a Trout Lily. Note the speckles on the leaves. #1 Daughter took some beautiful pics for our enjoyment.
"Nature Field Trip" is now checked off of my home-school enrichment list.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Youch, I just realized how "trained" I am ... I wanted to pick off those dusty stamens of pollen!

I'm just itching for my first spring hike, too. Maybe Mother's Day will find me out on the trails.

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home