Saturday, April 14, 2007

ah, theater!

Sean is our set carpenter. He's all over the job.
That's a bathing beauty on someone's knee.
The infamous Harrison Floy. He even naps while on the lam.
Renee paints a realistic backdrop.
Christa details the set.

The countdown is on for our performance of "High Button Shoes": two weeks and the clock is ticking! Our energetic and multi-talented director ("The Buck Stops Here") is cranking out staging, choreography, New Jersey accents, prop ideas, and loads of encouragement to the troops. The aforesaid "troops" consist of around 45 home-schooled teens, most of which are stretching the learning-curve by
a) singing, while
b) dancing with a member of the opposite sex.
c) remembering staging and lines.
d) getting along with each other for hours and hours on end.
My job is easy: I lounge at the piano and play the music on cue. Sometimes I am on the recieving end of back rubs and cups of ice water. I get to play with the band, led by our extremely kind and competent pastor. I reap the spoils of becoming acquainted with quality kids, in addition to hanging out with my own.
May I remind all those involved that this is the proverbial "frosting on the cake"? I don't know many home-schooling communities that have the gumption to put on a show with all the trimmings! (I actually don't know of any...) Although I am certainly a part of this whole she-bang, it wouldn't happen if I were at the helm! So, thanks to all the moms & dads & administrators & crazy kids that beg every year:
"Let's put on a show!"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't underestimate your part in it all! You are for sure the award-winning highschool accompanist of the year!!

I am so looking forward to seeing the show! I only wish I'd been able to be more involved in the putting together of it. :( Ah well. Another year, another season!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Darlene Sinclair said...

Such fun photos! Everyone is doing such a great job - it's going to be a super show, don't you think? A great crew to work with, no doubt about it!

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home