Saturday, April 07, 2007

thoughts from my head

-We made home-made ice cream today to accompany our Easter dessert. Not the old-fashioned way (sorry, Paul)....but with a new-fangled electric machine. I'll bet the results are just as delectable, though.

-I have begged Zalika to entertain us this evening with some stories of her childhood in Africa. Growing up in the desert-plains of Niger seems so exotic, so other-wordly. And I'll wager that even her own kids are unfamiliar with tales of her early life. Family legend has it that when my brother first met her, she was grinding corn with a mortar and pestle. My brother paid an amount of cash and a donkey to marry her. Her father was the village imam, daily climbing the minaret to call the faithful to prayer. There's got to be a few stories in there.....

-In the midst of our Easter festivities, my thoughts keep zinging back to our upcoming purchase of the Madrid properties. Will we really pull this thing off? I think so. My husband has never failed to surpass my expectations in the remodeling department.

-I rejoiced in the price of asparagus today: $1.68/lb, and the stalks are petite and tender-looking. Zalika and Aisha love asparagus too, so we will feast on bowls full of it tonight. Isn't it great to satisfy a hankering, and a healthy one, at that?

2 Comments:

Blogger TrashTidBits said...

I'll be coming to NM again the first week in May. What to join me on a road trip?

Happy Easter.

Is it snowing there?

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy! This is Melissa K here. I can't even describe to you the intense feeling I had when I saw you yesterday. I can't wait to see and talk to you. God is moving like crazy. When would be a good time to see you? My email is kippms@gmail.com . I love you and miss you a lot!

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home