Monday, April 16, 2007

an apron-day

The kitchen is my domain this morning. I slid a spiraled ham into the oven, sliced up a small vat of scalloped potatoes au gratin, rolled out three pie crusts, and whisked together a double batch of vanilla pudding for pie-filling. Since Hubby is home for a few days, I decided to make a real dinner and revel in seeing his face at the head of the table.
But now that I figure in my afternoon work schedule (at Crane) and his myriad of errands, a sit-down dinner may not materialize. At least the stove-top will be laden with hot food, regardless of the fact that it may be eaten in shifts! All of us (Friend #12 included) are looking forward to tonight's special meeting at church, where people we love will share some laughs, tears, and prayer together.
(See Bubsie's blog for a few pics from last evening.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I've expressed this sentiment before, but I'll say it again: you really shouldn't be allowed to write about food on your 'blog. It simply makes me far too hungry!! :)

P.S. Thanks for praying with me yesterday. As always, you are a blessing!

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home