Thursday, June 07, 2007

excuses

I cannot overstate this enough: I have really, really longed for something worthy about which to write.
Clicking through my recent entries, I see photos, to-do lists, daily happenings, and mundane stuff that sufficiently informs my readers that I am alive and functioning. News flash: I have also been deep in thought about many serious things, none of which are fair game for blog-fodder. (You may have to trust me on this...) It stands to reason that when I am finished wrestling with different kinds of giants, the gunpowder left in my bag, all shaken together, wouldn't make much noise. Think of a child's pop-gun, and there you have it. Consequently, when it comes to posting, I haven't demonstrated much insight or originality as of late.
This is not an apology. (Maybe I should be sorry that it's not an apology!) Just an explanation for the page-filler stuff I have been cranking out. It helps me to keep cranking, so I'll crank away until supreme inspiration hits.

Headed for a Big Career:
"It would be a really cool job to be a candy-bar designer." -#1 Son, spoken while consuming a candy-bar.

We Shake our Heads in Wonder:
"I thought it was an animal. Like, a small rat or something." -#1 Daughter, explaining why she freaked out when a piece of packing tape stuck to her arm while unwrapping a UPS box.
(correction: She says now, "I meant a rat-like thing. Like a chihuaha."

Ohh. We get it now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll be there sunday!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Lore Ferguson said...

oh my goodness. that is so funny!

and Danica, i wish i could hear you say you'd be HERE Sunday!

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home