Thursday, July 26, 2007

couscous a la Melanie

A daring spurt of creativity led to the making of this dish. I was inspired by the slap-dash culinary skills of my friend Melanie, who sings while chopping and mixing.

Couscous a la Melanie

1 1/2 C unprepared couscous
1/2 C diced cucumber
generous toss of good green olives
handful of chopped red onion
handful chopped pimentos (for color!)

Dressing:
1/2 C EVOO
1/4 C balsamic vinegar
1/2 C orange-pineapple juice
2 T lemon juice
2 cloves crushed garlic
1/4 C chopped fresh mint
1 T of really cool Arabic spice (I think it is an oregano blend) which you can get from me. I have a 1.5 lb bag!

Prepare couscous, let cool. Mix dressing together and combine with couscous. Add cucumber, olives and pimentos. Serve room-temperature.

3 Comments:

Blogger 르네 said...

yum =)

8:58 AM  
Blogger Darlene Sinclair said...

I like the auburn a bit myself. It has real possibilities! ;)

10:40 PM  
Blogger Steve and Nancy(aka Morningstar) said...

God willing....my hubby, I and our faithful dog, Duke, traveling in Pete, Our Peterbilt semi and the Draggin', ou 40 ft fifth wheel trailer, will be sojourning in your area of Potsdam most likely the 13 of August. It would be such a joy to stop by and give hellos and a jar of pomegranate jelly. Please e-mail me at nobosky@yahoo.com if you'd like to make our aquaintance and share one sister in Christ to another. :)
check out our blog:
http://petes-draggin.blogspot.com

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home