Monday, August 13, 2007

barn-dance wedding

Farm Girls lounging on bales of hay

Friend #7 and myself

Jon and Poodie

"Van Gogh meets Barn Dance"
Giving away the Bride (note the authentic sunburn!)

Friend #12 wearing "something borrowed, something blue".


Farm Dudes looking mighty fine
What a wedding!
The wedding party wore jeans and T-shirts. The guests donned cowboy hats, bandannas, and other sundry western-wear. As for my favorite family, we raided a nearby thrift shop and hit pay-dirt. We came away with farmer jeans, straw hats, and even a pair of barn boots. Friend #12 was able to borrow an authentic cowgirl shirt for the occasion. Hubby, the officiating clergyman, kicked his outfit up a notch with a set of black suspenders.
The wedding band was a fiddle, string bass, banjo, and gee-tar. The wedding cake was apple pie. The decor? Tin buckets of sunflowers. We sat on folding chairs and hay bales. Antique tractors and Model T cars were roped off to provide a dance floor. The contra dancing and square dancing went on into the night. I don't know when we had such fun. (I have more pics, but #1 Son took them to D.R. with him.)
May God bless you with many happy years together, Melissa & Caleb!

1 Comments:

Blogger TrashTidBits said...

I once read an article in one of my waste magazines about a wedding that was held at a transfer station. Perhaps I'll have to consider doing this if I ever get married again. Would you come?

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home