Saturday, August 04, 2007

working up an appetite

"Still Life of Girls with Dill"
....except that they don't stay very still.

On the lunch menu today~
Split and Toasted Baguette slathered with this mixture: chopped tomatoes, basil, oregano, garlic, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Let's name it Italian Chutney.

Green Bean Salad, recipe here.

Pink lemonade

What else is on le menu at Chez Nancy? 12 lbs of green beans will morph into canned Dilly Beans. A large kettle of summer tomato sauce will simmer on the back burner ( lots of fresh garden veggies added), and a tray of zucchini quiche will bake until lightly browned.
And then, my friends, the chef will trade her apron for a green kayak.
See you on the lake.

p.s. savvy shoppers: snap up your green beans at P&C for 68 cents/lb. Today is the last day of the sale!

2 Comments:

Blogger TrashTidBits said...

All this food would go great with the fresh perch that I caught yesterday with my dad. Too bad I don't have enough to feed your whole family.

Hope you had a great weekend.

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zucchini quiche?? May I trouble you for the recipe? I have several zucchini resting patiently on my counter. Thanks! -Mrs. Mackey

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home