Thursday, February 21, 2008

someone (not me) takes a hike

do not disturb the bibliophile....


nirvana in the music-section

vintage children's illustrations soothe my rumpled soul

rows and rows and rows of delicious books


It's a mom's job to stave off household grumpiness.

The resident little darlings are cranky this morning. At times, I would rather tweak their scowly noses and leave them to their own grumbly devices. But today while cranking out our daily dose of school, a light bulb shining with the glow of hope appeared over my motherly head.

"Let's blow this joint and head for the Birchbark after lunch", says I.

Everybody seemed agreeable.
I am counting on finding my own corner there, along with a few quirky books to keep me company.
Grumpiness can take a hike.

3 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Ah. Thanks for reminding me about one of my favorite spots. I can smell it now.

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bookstores are always a salve to the grumpy soul...great place...
Michele

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That place is always fun to go too. :)

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home