Friday, April 04, 2008

my plans are in His hands

Yesterday I received a letter in the mail. (You know, the good old-fashioned way.) It was postmarked St. Louis and the handwriting was Friend #12's.

She had brain-stormed about her summer and possible plans for the fall.
"Could you be praying about these things for me?" she asked.

What a joy to read her list.
There were brave and audacious things written there!
And you can bet your bottom dollar that I will be praying for her and cheering her on
as she pursues them.

She inspired me to consider my summer plans, too.

-I vote for a big garden this year. Last year I didn't put in a garden. Although it seemed like a wise decision at the time (I was on my way out the door for a three week trip to Spain)--I sorely missed having free fresh produce in August!

-Another trip to Spain is on my horizon. Maybe.
The possibility has rumbling around in my head for weeks now. I don't want to go just because I can. I want to go if it's what is best.
( Italy! That's a place I would go "just because I can".)

-Does May count as summer? I doubt it. But I hope to spend Mother's Day in NYC. There, my family would attend this and hopefully hang out here. And eat someplace very cool, of course!

-It goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway. K-A-Y-A-K-I-N-G.

-How about evening dinners by candlelight with my family and other faces I love? Lounging on the screen porch, playing board games, going barefooted, eating berries, I could go on and on.

What is on your radar-screen for the summer?

3 Comments:

Blogger TrashTidBits said...

My plans for the summer include moving, kayaking, and spending time with friends.

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maintaining sanity when Daniel flies the coop for 3 weeks, bringing the kids to the park often, taking walks as many days as possible, grilling lots of hamburgers, starting my first flower garden, and alternately enjoying/enduring a kitchen re-model!

7:14 AM  
Blogger Sarah D. said...

No gardens here! (Not yet anyway)
Instead, we will be daily tending the turf at a neighborhood nine-hole golf course across the street.
I also hope to enjoy my new jogging stroller and teach my children to ride bikes (in the parking lot across the street).Plus, we plan on finishing yet another portion of our downstairs addition. Did I mention that we also are preaparing for summer job interviews?
No lazy summer days here! Maybe someday?
Love- Us

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home