Wednesday, May 07, 2008

birthday marathon


We feted the birthday-guy last evening.

I didn't get any shots of the actual celebration. But after the gang went to the movies (at 9:30 pm), I captured these droopy lilacs surrounded by birthday accoutrements.

His requested menu was Chicken Parmesan. Cake with fresh strawberries was the chaser. We were all here except for Friend #37. In the flurry of throwing everything together, I forgot to mention it to him. Sorry, Friend #37. I'll make it up to him tonight when we warm up the leftovers.

Tomorrow is another birthday. #1 Daughter turns fifteen! There are other birthdays this month: Grandma Jean and Grandma Janet. A score of close friends were also born in the merry month of May. Talk about a bumper crop.

Good thing we all like cake.

3 Comments:

Blogger abigaildaniels said...

Hey, I've been wondering when friend #... oh dear! I don't know her #. You know, the one who lives with you ;-)is due home?

Abby

8:58 AM  
Blogger thisrequiresthought said...

Friend #12 flies home on Thursday May 15!

12:25 PM  
Blogger abigaildaniels said...

#12! That's what it is...

I'm so excited! I can't wait to see her.

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home