Friday, June 27, 2008

I can explain.....

Here is the bunny-photo scoop:

When I was in high-school, I was hired by The Costumer. One of my first assignments was to glue fur on to a dozen bunny-heads. (Other kids flipped burgers. Not I.)
I was able to work on them at home where they lined the bar in the cellar, and as they were finished, my siblings had some fun with them.

We also have photos of bunnies in the front yard, peeking out from behind trees--but I can't locate them at the moment. I also remember visiting my art teacher, who was home recovering from heart surgery. My mom waited for me while I knocked on his door and hid in the bushes with a bunny-head on. In my hands, I held a basket of Easter goodies for his family.

Man, I have done some weird things.

I loved working at The Costumer. I would take the city bus downtown, which was a big deal. Crazy things happened at work all the time-like when the cops showed up because they had gotten a call from a concerned citizen. Strange activity was reported on our backfire-escape.

It was only the gorilla suits, hanging out to dry.

2 Comments:

Blogger TrashTidBits said...

I'm glad to hear about the bunnies. I called earlier today and left a message with Ana. See my blog to learn about my whereabouts and travel mayhem.

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...
If I ever need a good bunny suit, I know who to call!
Nancy Hull, is there ANYTHING you haven't done? :)
Love ya-
Sarah D.

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home