Sunday, May 17, 2009

the things I do

-I arise before my body is ready to rise ( someone say "cast par-tay) , brush my teeth, rake a brush through my hair, scald my face with a nubby washcloth, and wriggle into some decent clothes.

-I attend worship practice in the sanctuary. Present: one guitarist/worship leader, one bongo player, one djimbe player, one sound man, and assorted family members who watch. Oh yes, one pianist, which is me.

-I attend a class taught by my pastor --who is possibly even more tired than me, but kept his wits about him while allowing us to cut up a bit.

-I consume a cup of coffee.

-I play the piano during worship. I listen raptly to a good sermon. I visit with and hug many lovely people.

-I eat lunch at home. (Grilled Chicken over greens and a grilled cheese sandwich.)

-I ignore the mess strewn about the house and take a short nap on the inflatable mattress in the family room.

-I watch "Catch Me if You Can" with the kids and Friend #7.

-I go out to dinner with Hubby to celebrate our wedding anniversary. I put away a large amount of yum.

-I unwind by playing a turn of online Scrabble.

-I eat rhubarb coffee cake in celebration of my mother-in-law's birthday.

-Before turning in for the night -(no play practice? no orchestra rehearsal? no performances? how strange!) I resolve to buy groceries tomorrow.

And that, my friends, was my day. Thought you'd like to know.

1 Comments:

Blogger Darlene Sinclair said...

Much more productive than mine, I must say. Congrats on another year of wedded bliss! Love you.
Thanks for the online Scrabble move every now and then.

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home