Monday, September 07, 2009

Camp Overlook

Dear Mom:

It's been great at Camp Overlook. As you can see, the sun is shining. The total camp experience is here: pine cone fights, unheated cabins, mountain hikes, and bathroom faucets that you have to hold down to keep the water flowing.

We get to do cool things like eat outside on picnic tables. Food always tastes better in the open air.

Thanks to my culinary expertise, I spent a lot of time in the kitchen. My favorite part was bossing the younger kids around.
I made boys chop things and do mindless prep like buttering toast for 65 people.

Speaking of toast, someone donated a ton of bread to our group. We disposed of it in various ways, most generally in the form of PB&J sandwiches.

Some of the group activities were swinging,

-and blanket-sprawling. Both of which sound easy to do until you actually try them.
We also played touch football and capture the flag. Our teams competed for points. The winners received candy.

I thought you would want to know the candy part.

I would have brushed my teeth more, but the faucet-thing made it difficult so I scratched the whole idea.

In the mornings and evenings, we sang praise songs and learned things from the Bible. The music would have been too loud for you, so I was glad you missed that part.

You will be glad to know that I feel like I love God more. I don't know why coming to camp helps, but it does.
As usual, we don't get enough sleep at camp. This kid tried a different method this year: fuzzy pink blanket on a camp bench. I hope it worked for him.

Thanks for letting me come this weekend, even though you knew it would take approximately 67.8 hours of quality sleep for me to be my normal, enthusiastic, obedient, and cheerful teenage-self.

Love, Your Kid

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home