Wednesday, February 17, 2010

blogging about dinner

I do not feel like making dinner. Rarely this happens. But maybe if I write about it, inspiration will come to me.

Bone-in pork chops have been thawing in the sink. Please don't yell at me. That is always the way I have thawed pork. I will dip them in egg and smother them in bread crumbs. Then I will saute them in olive oil because although I would really rather bake them, I didn't have the foresight to do it an hour ago.

I will scrub a few baking potatoes and put them into the microwave. Again, a slow bake in the oven would be preferable. But again: lack of foresight.

I will toss a bag of frozen french green beans in boiling water. Just for thrills, I will toast some almonds and sprinkle them on top when the beans are served.

I will put butter and sour cream on the table.

I will light a few candles.

I will cheerfully say, "Dinner's ready!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home