Saturday, May 22, 2010

two lists

Here is a list of things I really need to do:

-clean out the garage. stat.
-finish planting the garden.
-weed the entire yard. (Or, in the wise words of Amelia Bedelia, "UN-weed" the enire yard.)
-organize the pantry.
-replenish the pantry.
-put away all our winter clothes.
-take out all our summer clothes.
-find a place to put all the clothes, seeing that we only have limited closet space.
-finish painting all the interior trim the the house, including the kitchen.
-generally clean the whole house.

I do not feel like doing ANY of that stuff.

Here is a list of things I have done instead:

-made home-made yogurt and home-made ginger beer. I have also regularly made sour dough bread with a starter that I keep in a jar. These days, I am into culturing my own food. I don't know why.

-kayaked every possible day. The idea is to put distance between myself and all that housework/yardwork. This idea backfires every time I have to turn my little boat around and point homeward.

-made a paper mache bird and decorated it with craft paper, buttons, and lace. I gave it to Louissa, who appreciated it very much even though it looked like a third-grader's craft. Sometimes I suspect her enthusiasm was merely good manners, but other times I am convinced I really made her day.

-played the piano only enough to squeak through finals week unscathed. I collected my money and blew it on odds & ends. Such a naughty girl.

5 Comments:

Anonymous louissa said...

it really did make my day.

10:15 PM  
Blogger abigaildaniels said...

I read "made a paper mache bird" about 10 times. That's the most random thing I've heard all day! (and I have spent my day with some pretty random kids!) You make me smile!

10:50 PM  
Blogger thisrequiresthought said...

actually, there were 3 of us that made paper mache birds. Mine turned out the worst, but it was really so much grown-up fun!

8:19 AM  
Blogger J. said...

What I really wish:

That I could be there and do these things with you. Or for you. However you prefer. To which you reply:

Both.

*grin

Thanks for being in the know about Amelia Bedelia.
And kayaking.
And paper maché.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Can I add "Come to Richmond to hold a baby, play with a toddler, bake bread with yeast that isn't dead, and be an amazing blessing to the parents of the baby and toddler just with my presence" ???? I love you!

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home