Tuesday, January 10, 2012

winter's challenge


 Winter brings its own challenges. For instance, the river is frozen -which makes it difficult to kayak.
Also, the wood stove is very inviting -which makes it high-near impossible to leave its cozy warmth.

But with a little foresight and minimal planning and only around 27 emails back & forth, I pulled off a little trip to the Met museum.Some of my favorite people in the world joined me on this winter adventure. It involved lots of driving, an overnight at an historic brick home, a train ride which involved running up & down 6 flights of stairs while yelling, an errant yet short trip on the wrong subway car, and other fun things.

Here we are at the entrance to the Met museum. As you can see, we weren't the only people in the world with this great idea. Would it be entirely irreverent to compare the momentous jog up these steps to entering Mecca?


 My Saturday Friend brought her purse, which came in handy in the Assyrian court. Unfortunately, she forgot her ceremonial headdress.


 We raided a coffee shop, where we souped up on caffeine and also got the skinny on a good Indian restaurant around the corner.


I left out a lot. Like, all the beautiful things we saw there. But as perusers of this here blog may have noted, I haven't been exactly verbose lately. Call it a phase I'm going through.

Let it be enough to say it was a perfect day & trust me on it.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Lore said...

Oh my. Is it okay if I'm just a teeny bit jealous? mostly of the people you got to be with. But a bit of the things you got to do.

And the woodstove.
That too.

11:47 AM  
Blogger thisrequiresthought said...

*shock* a comment? wow. I don't know what to SAY.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Lore Ferguson said...

I hardly think you're one to talk... besides...you never post...

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home