Thursday, September 21, 2006

strangers in the night

The wayfarers straggled in at exactly three o'clock this morning, offering mumbled greetings and heavy hugs. As for me, I nestled back under my toasty covers with the reassurance that they are home safely. Surely, they have brought home treasures from abroad: memories, shared experiences, Dominican dirt (in the weave of their work-clothes ), digital photos, and souvenirs. As soon as they awaken, they will interrupt each other in the sharing. I love the aftermath of trips!

The other thing that long trips leave in their wake is laundry. Throughout the day, the churn of the washing machine will be music to my ears. The lyric?

"Welcome Home, my Favorite Family."

3 Comments:

Blogger TrashTidBits said...

You posted pretty early considering you were up at 3am. Glad the family made it home safely. I can't wait to hear the stories. Enjoy the lyrics of the washing machine.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Darlene Sinclair said...

Isn't it a wonderful treasure to have a favorite family? I know I think it is and I know you do, too. Wonderful...

Mert Gordon already popped his head in the door to greet a new baby here in his little rented apartment. He is the best of all story tellers, and already shared a few tidbits. What a marvelous time in God they had. I am sure they all grew leaps and bounds and brought lots of Kingdom expansion to that place as well. Exciting!

Happy music day to you all!

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! I, too, am glad the family is all home safely, my dear daughter in law. Give my love to each one and I hope to see them soon. Love Mom O

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home