Sunday, May 13, 2007

all about me today

Today is Mothers Day, which gives me carte blanche to make this post all about myself.
In reflecting on the things that make me unique, set apart, and singularly different, (okay, weird)
I came up with these random bits of trivia:

-I don't have pierced ears. I don't wear bracelets or watches. Ever. And I am sorry to say that I don't even wear my wedding rings, even though I am most definitely proud to be married!

-I hardly ever listen to music. My preferred genre for listening is live. ( If I really want to hear something, I play it myself on the piano.) Unintentionally, I almost always have a piece of music going on in my head, which makes for cacophony when the kids put on a CD.

-I don't mind public speaking, and I am fearless in front of an audience. But please please don't ask me to teach a class of grade-school kids. I beg of you. Being in charge of kids makes my knees quake. I don't know why, because I love the kids. Just make me the teacher's aid and no one will get hurt.

-I only love to shop when alone. Shopping with someone else, anyone else, is way too stressful for me.

-I love to make pickles. And pies.

-I'm terrible at sewing. This is the mom that taught her 5-year-old son to sew on buttons because she didn't want to do that chore anymore. While hemming pants, I chant, "I'm almost done, I'm almost done...."

-I'm a stickler for grammar and diction. If I haven't corrected you, it's probably because I am struggling to be polite. Please talk to me anyway. Thanks.