Sunday, April 06, 2008

hot & cold

On Saturday, it was my pleasure to turn this jumbled mound of veggies--

--into a jump-up-and-slap-your-grandma bowl full of this:

Actually, the final result was not as fiery as planned. One never knows with supermarket hot peppers. Unless, of course, you go for a scotch bonnet. Then you know you are in for it.

Heavens to Betsy, those puppies are scorchers.

I do not envy these people.

They departed about an hour ago on a 20 mile trek. Hubby is running; his side-kicks are riding bikes. I think it is his last long run before the Boston Marathon and he needed a little entourage to keep him peppy.

You know, it looks rather balmy outside, but don't let that wiley Mr. Sunshine fool you. Although it is above 50 degrees, the whipping winds spoils everything.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it when you post pictures of your kitchen concoctions. They always look so very yummy. Keep 'em comin'
Jude

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have I told you how much I enjoy reading your blog? I really do! You are so creative and witty! -Ann

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home