Thursday, May 15, 2008

not a photo blog

I planted some perennials for my mom today. It was her birthday!

We shopped for flowers at her local nursery. We admired the blooms, but went for the vegetable packs.
-a ruffled petunia, I believe.

Happy Birthday, Grandma Janet! (That's what my kids say.) I would publish the pic of her blowing out the candles, but.
Well, let's just say she looks a bit crazed.

This lady? She is tired from perusing the mad exhibits at the Met. Sinking gratefully onto a marble bench, she lets her arm dangle at her side so the heavy weight of her purse trails on the ground.
To complete the effect, laurel leaves are draped over everything .

On Tuesday, I was somewhat like her. Except for the laurel leaves.

Up on the rooftop, there is a large shiny dog.
And I ask you.
Why not?
The NYC skyline from the roof of the Metropolitan Museum.

Although it has been Download City around here, I promise not to turn this into a photo-blog.
I am done being a lazy, lazy blogger. Literary offerings will be of utmost priority in the near future.

1 Comments:

Blogger Darlene Sinclair said...

I'm officially behind in my blog reading. But two thoughts: how practical of you, to leave the blooms for the fruited types. I should be so practical...
And if I were so capable, mine would become a photo blog as well. I love them! But I love literary offerings, too.

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home