Wednesday, August 27, 2008

spare time

Given their druthers and an hour of free time, the people of 3108 would most likely submerge themselves in the following activities:

Hubby: running
watching a movie
paying bills online
balancing our complicated budget

#1 Son:
fooling around on the computer
organizing his stuff
rummaging through the kitchen for a snack
sitting on someone

#1 Daughter: baking
looking up recipes on the internet
painting/drawing
reading
reading
reading

Friend #12: baking
picking apples/berries on the side of the road
working around the yard/kitchen
going to WalMart

Friend #7: reading "articles" online
taking walks
playing Scrabble with me
decorating pizzas

Yours Truly: wiping down the kitchen counters (obsessed, I am)
making pickles/jelly
thinking I should play the piano
kayaking
doing lesson plans

On a completely different track --and just to get this off of my chest--the other evening at the first choir rehearsal of the season, I was introduced to the crowd as "our excruciating pianist, Nancy Hull."
I almost fell off of the piano bench in muffled laughter.

I'm reasonably sure it was meant well.
One would hope so!

1 Comments:

Blogger Darlene Sinclair said...

Well, look at it this way -- that was probably the first time you've ever been introduced that way! That's always fun... I suppose!

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home