Wednesday, September 03, 2008

asking. seeking. knocking

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." (Matthew 7:7-8)

What kind of person is the kind who receives?
an Asker.

Who are the ones who find what they are looking for?
Seekers.

Which people walk through open doors?
Knockers.

All my life, I read this passage and thought, "If I ask for this certain thing, then I should be sure to get it! If I seek for this certain thing, surely then I will find it. If I need this particular opportunity, certainly it will come to me."

As of late, I have been seeing this passage through different eyes. A person who is in the habit of asking keeps his hand open for receiving. One who constantly seeks is preparing himself to discover. The eager soul who knocks on doors demonstrates blind faith in a response.

After I resolve to be an asker, a seeker, a knocker----then God is able to move mountains on my behalf.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent post.

I like your new eyes. They have seen and discovered and demonstrated that Truth to us.

Thank you.

Michele

9:49 PM  
Blogger RB said...

good, very good. thank you for posting .

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home