Friday, December 12, 2008

decor everywhere


The snowfall, the birthday greetings, thoughtful gifts, and two home-made cakes were my portion today. Dinner was elegant take-out (if there is such a thing).


After a performance at Crane, I was out and about with Friend #12. Along the Parishville Road, the boughs were positively creaking with snow. Creaking, they were.


A visit to the Silas Wright House brought me serenity.

From the leaded glass of the front entryway, the bustling traffic of Main Street seems a million miles away. In the quiet of this old house, time barely glances at the brisk affairs of the modern world which scurries outside its doorposts.

A spray of roses grace the stately piano.


Where can I purchase some of this gray flocked wallpaper?

It is the perfect backdrop for fresh greens, crystal, and fruit.

I was tempted to bite one of these and turn it over so no one would see.

See that juicy one, nestled on the lower right? You could hardly notice that it has been tinkered with.

It's my birthday and I can get away with a lot.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANCY! Looks like you had a great day.
Blessings,
Nancy C.

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got to go the the museum before they took the display down...even though without me. i love the look of the mercury glass and crystal together and the period pieces. nice juxtaposition.
happy birthday again.
margaret

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home