Thursday, December 04, 2008

melismatic delight

Yes, it is the most wonderful time of the year.

The tree sparkles with stars and tiny white lights. Candles warm the corners of each room. Rolled sugar cookies make their appearance after every meal. Bulky packages block me from seeing the clothing in my closet.

In the music department, things couldn't get any richer.

Monday night, my fingers grabbed fistfuls of notes while accompanying Handel's Messiah for the community chorus.
Tuesday evening, I joined a mish-mash group of choristers at the First Presbyterian Church, where we prepped for the annual Lessons & Carols service. It was extremely lovely to sing and not play, for once. (Just for once, though, as my throat tires easily.)
On Wednesday, I accompanied three voice lessons which were made magical by a very perceptive and wise voice teacher.
Today, I performed an ethereal French art song onstage in Snell theater before the voice faculty.
Tomorrow, I rehearse the annual Christmas concert with fifty wiggly elementary students. They are presenting a short musical/play/concert about the meaning of Christmas for family & friends tomorrow evening.

Oh, the weather outside may be frightful. But inside my frowsy head are strings of jingly melodies and sweet tangles of melismatic delight which keep me blissfully content.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home