Friday, February 27, 2009

the blur of mad money

I received a mystery check in the mail yesterday. It was an official state government check. By all accounts, it was a small check. But an unexpected one, and you know what that means:

MAD MONEY!

My only guess was that it was payment for work at the local state college. Sometimes my paychecks come from different sources--and the amount would total two hours of work for me. It made sense. Kind of.

After checking with Hubby (Is this check a mistake? Is the money already spoken for? Should I give it back?), he said (and I quote):

"Take the money and run,"

So, #1 Daughter and I hopped into the car and headed for the mall. I carefully obeyed the speed limit. Mad Money has been the cause of many a speeding ticket.

So I've heard.

She got a new pair of jeans, fairly priced and sorely needed. #1 Son got a great dress shirt from the clearance rack. (I got nothing, which is usually how mad money works when one is a mom.)

But I really enjoyed taking #1 Daughter out for dinner, and that's something, right?
Of course right!

1 Comments:

Blogger Darlene Sinclair said...

What?! What happened to dinner with Friend #7?

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home