Monday, January 26, 2009

a week in the life

If this blog truly "requires thought", then it's no wonder I haven't had much to say recently. Here are my highlights of a gray, snowy, freezy week in January:

1. I talked to my sister for 71 minutes on the phone. She lives in North Carolina. She is getting married in April.

2. I snagged an entire box of bananas for only three dollars at Save-a-Lot. I then proceeded to share them with a friend and her large family, as we couldn't possibly eat them all in a timely fashion!

3. A trip to Lake Placid gave me a chance to hang out with Friend #32. We strolled through town awhile before lunching at The Cottage on the lake. One doesn't "eat lunch" there. One lunches. From our window-table, we watched a team of sled dogs circle the lake. We declined to dine al fresco, as we preferred watching other people freeze their tails off while we ate spinach-artichoke dip .

4. The Orchestra of Northern New York's Concerto competition was on Saturday, and the student whom I accompanied won third place.

5. I bought a groovy dress for the sheer fun of it. It is very retro and has droopy bell-sleeves. When the temperature goes above 30 degrees, I may consider actually wearing it. Paired with tights and beads, I will look like a throwback from the 60's.

I apologize for this drivel, but it's the best I could come up with.

3 Comments:

Blogger Darlene Sinclair said...

I, for one, am happy to hear your drivel, dearest!

6:33 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Had fun with you at the Cottage. When can we go again? Need pictures of me with the bears.

12:44 PM  
Blogger abbi said...

Where did you buy said groovy dress? :-)

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home