Thursday, January 15, 2009

cold? you betcha.

How cold is it?

-Our thermometer read minus 24 this morning.
-When #1 Son drove to Norfolk at 7:30 am, the car- thermometer shivered out a reading of minus 30. His eyelashes froze together when he dashed out to start the car.
-The eight 0'clock NCPR news reported minus thirty-two in Massena.

I am thankful for the cheery sunshine that streams in the windows. It hints of the promise of another season, which we won't mention -as it only makes people mad on a day like today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Darlene Sinclair said...

I hate to be disagreeable, but I was out this morning and the trip to Potsdam was glorious! Diamonds sparkled in every field, and crunch, crunch, crunch beneath every step. What can I say -- I love these clear, sunny, cold days! Of course, I'm not out on the roof working, but neither are most other people! A brisk, how be it brief, walk would be fine by me!

1:35 PM  
Blogger abigaildaniels said...

I wish that I could send a little sunshine (and WARMTH) your way!

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home