Friday, March 11, 2011

moments from my day

-the coffee at the McDonald's in Adams NY is not that great. Especially at 7:15 in the morning when good coffee really counts.

-when gas is $3.65/gallon and that is a good deal, there is something wrong.

-my favorite song to play for the 2nd and 3rd grade choir is "Drip Drip Drop Little April Shower" because it was my solo in 2nd grade. I was very happy to sing it then, and equally happy to play it for other kids now. In my opinion, it has stood the test of time.

-I made oatmeal bread & forgot to put the yeast in. I realized this when setting the pans in the oven to rise. Throwing the dough back into the mixer along with the forgotten yeast, I was able to rescue the whole batch. That was a nice surprise.

-talk about excess: I made two lemon meringue pies today for no special occasion, just as I did last Friday. What can I say? Life gave me lemons & I made the best of it.

-in rehearsal, I worked with one princess, one prince, and one step-mother. You can figure it out from there what the show is about...

-really, no complaints over my way. A general feeling of gratefulness pervaded my day, especially after seeing the evening news. Praying for the people of Japan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home