Saturday, June 17, 2006

wistful list (say 3X fast....)

1. Home is a lovely place. I almost warmed up to the new paint in the mudroom; that's how glad I was to arrive home.

2. Old Friends are good medicine. I gaze across a packed auditorium at their dear faces, and think: I am doubly-blessed to know such good people.

3. Heart-to-Heart talks
make long drives pass swiftly. Friend #32 is kindred spirit in all things reflective, and I have a fresh appreciation for her outlook of life. She understands "Cat Theology", too.

4. Graduation Speeches have their merits, one of which is having the opportunity to admire our young, strong, godly graduates standing in scarlet ceremonial garb.

5. Witty Banter is quite entertaining, if done with ancient inside-jokes and dallops of endearment. I have met my match this weekend with Friend #01.

6. A Weedy Garden demands my attention. It is a worthy statement: anything worth gaining is surely worth maintaining. (hey...I just made that up! -Probably an overflow from viewing the Benjamin Franklin Exhibit at the Library of Congress.)

This list is a sampling of the things that crowd my thoughts this morning; thoughts that follow me as I tend to my chores.

2 Comments:

Blogger Darlene Sinclair said...

You can always help maintain my weedy gardens any time you have nothing to do!

Rick's family is here so there is plenty of witty banter at my house right now.

Graduation speeches are best at CFA (my opinion, obviously -- but who could argue my point?!)

Let's take a long drive somewhere someday and have a heart-to-heart. Sounds like fun to me!

Old friends are good medicine. Nothing more needs to be said.

And home -- how wonderful to have learned to love home and cherish the relationships that home represents. That is true treasure -- no matter what color that mudroom may be!

12:00 PM  
Blogger TrashTidBits said...

Thanks for letting me know about cat theology. I now have a better understanding about why my cats behave the way they do.

I also enjoyed our heart-to-heart talks; especially about heaven and hell. I am so eager to learn more that I bought a study guide about heaven today and began to read it. I'll keep you posted as to what I learn.

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home