Wednesday, March 14, 2007

blessed busy-ness

Days like today transform the title of the third month of the year into a command. March.
We arise this morning to the chorus of birds chirping. Wedges of black snow tip and teeter all around the yard. I wonder if Friend #12 smells maple-gathering in the air yet?
But I can't afford to luxuriate in my surroundings: my calendar dictates that I move along purposefully.

-Drive #1 Son to his lesson. Stay to accompany him on the piano, in preparation for his upcoming recital.

-Arrive home to get the school-ball rolling. Correct math, dole out reading, fix lunch, leave a chore list on the chalkboard, and wonder about supper.

-Depart after lunch. Destination: Crane once again. After one studio performance, one voice lesson, and one rehearsal with a professor, I can come home. (Any in-between time will be used for furiously cramming notes.)

-Check in with my little scholars. Cobble together a semblance of dinner. Greet Hubby.

-Depart for High-Button Shoes rehearsal. Our director (and chief-cook-and-bottle-washer) is probably climbing the Swiss Alps by now, but we don't begrudge her. She will surely return with fresh costume ideas for the show.

-Commandeer the home-front. Horses fed? Chores done? Kitchen cleaned? Bible read? (that last one was for me....)

Then outen the lights and sweet dreams. Tomorrow's another day of March.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home