Wednesday, April 09, 2008

two artists

Some art is beautiful because it is fraught with energy.
Leaping, dancing, thrusting, jabbing....
Reeling, spinning, plunging, surging....
Romping, pouncing, swerving, exulting!
I am transported by these simple drawings! Some were done by a young friend of mine (five years, one month, one week, and 6 days old, to be exact).
The others?

They were drawn by some guy whose signature you might recognize.
See below.

All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.
-Pablo Picasso

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think somebody was referencing a ticker on my site. :)

I like this post. It challenges me to see the art in the simple realities all around me. Thanks!

(Oh-- and I should mention that I stayed in bed all night and didn't creep down to look at my bedroom even once. But I did check it right before retiring last night and first thing this morning.)

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this post. I am challenged to get the creative juices flowing again in my home. Thank you.
Jude

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The work of the first artist is very familiar to me. He certainly is talented. But the second artist needs some work.
Phyllis

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home