Tuesday, July 15, 2008

paddle-happy

Today was a river-day.
The edges of the water were dotted with delicate water-flowers, open like cups.


Patches of unshorn grass which grace my lawn do not appeal to me.
But-- mammoth tufts of unshorn grass gracing the riverbank delight me.


Is this what they call "azure skies"?
In the distance, you can see the old railroad bridge. Along this bend in the river, one can begin to hear the waterfalls of the Norwood dam. It is a lovely sound.


For my last leg of my paddle, I draw close to the roaring falls, and then turn around and let the current carry me to my journey's end. It is an invigorating way to end my time on the river!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you mind if I put that picture of the water lilies on my desktop? It's beautiful!

7:07 PM  
Blogger TrashTidBits said...

Great pictures. Save some energy for our trip on Saturday. See you soon.

8:32 PM  
Blogger thisrequiresthought said...

deb: thanks! do it.
what a great idea!

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home