Thursday, July 09, 2009

a girl and her cake

Let me tell you a tale of a girl and her cake.

In order to throw a patriotic spin on the 4th of July, I requested that she make a Flag Cake.
"What is that?" she asked.

And I gave her the answer that every home-schooling mom gives to an inquiring child:

"Google it."

So she did, and went straight to business without further instruction.
Mothers: teach your children how to read and they will never bother you again.

After the cake cooled, she brought the decorating ingredients out onto the front porch so no one would interfere with her artistic pursuit of happiness.

Of course, I stood over her with a camera. But she grooved that cake just fine. Very fine, I tell you.

The chef gives it two thumbs up!
Flag Cakes rule the earth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home