Saturday, July 04, 2009

beautiful people

Just look at these beautiful people whom I love.

This is my sister-in-law, Zalika. She was born in a mud hut in the middle of nowhere. Niger, to be more specific. She likes to crochet, shop yard sales, and make delicious African stew. She also likes to mix stripes with paids, florals with paisleys, and oranges with pinks. Zebra is also a signature look of hers.

You never know what you're gonna get with Zalika.

This is my niece, Aisha. She is ten years old. She takes lessons at Dance World and has a pet parakeet named Sunshine. She also owns a few cats.

Her smile takes my breath away.

These two beautiful people (whom I love) are now in Niger, Africa for two whole months.

This is my nephew Djibo. He was born in Africa but jives likes an American teenager. I love every smidgen of his cinnamon-y, rubbery and handsome face. He opted out of the Niger trip, as he has college classes and work to do over the summer.

Anyway, he's been back to the village where he was born, and they no speaky eng-laish there. So the draw is minimal.

I will bet you dollars to doughnuts that no one has relatives nearly as beautiful as mine.
The end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home