Saturday, July 11, 2009

marinade

The other evening, I needed a quick marinade for chicken. Necessity being the mother of invention, I used what I had on hand and prayed for success as I threw things into the bowl.

A few nights later, we had chicken again (no one ever complains about too much chicken on the grill!) and I tried the same marinade once again with amazing results. Before I forget it, I better write it down. I can imagine it would compliment pork, too.

Asian Lime Marinade

1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (approx. 2 limes)
4 T soy sauce
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil ( if you have sesame oil, even better!)
3 T white wine vinegar
a shake of hot pepper flakes
salt & pepper

Combine and pour over chicken (enough for 4 lbs). Marinate for a few hours before grilling, if you have that kind of time!

I humbly submit this recipe to make up for last week's post, "All Gross Food". I cannot resist throwing in this suggestion for a side dish, though: "Barbequed Jell-o Squares".

No! Don't do it. I beg of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home