Sunday, May 31, 2009

self-evaluation

A quiet morning here at 3108, in which I am playing hooky from church, gave me some reflective time -sorely needed in the hubbub of packing, moving, painting, and such.

I am only playing hooky because of my recent spate of flu/strep/hacking cough. I am feeling much better, thank you -only I lost a truck-load of sleep last night (due to aforementioned cough) and needed to rest my tired throat.

While wending through my usual websites, I decided to review some of my own past posts. I haven't done that in ages. A little self-assessment goes a long way with me. Where have the food posts gone? And when was the last time I took the time to write a poem or craft a serious entry? I hardly ever comment on current events anymore. One might even forget that I regularly read the Bible and chew on scriptural truths, seeing as I don't expound upon them much.

I need to mend my ways.

On the other hand, I made myself laugh. There is something to be said about laughing at one's own jokes. (I don't know WHAT should be said, but surely something.)

The photos are not of the best quality, but they do entertain. More of them would be nice.

I need to get a list of Friend Numbers, or dispense with the whole operation.

Yes, once I start cooking seriously again, I will include food posts. Nothing is very riveting about PB&J or a crock pot. Especially a green one one with a floral design.

Some of my best material has fled the premises. Namely, Friend #7, Friend #12, and Friend #37.
But at least #1 Son #1 Daughter are still around. They are always a great source of comic relief.

Perhaps when we move to Madrid (in one week!), a new list of characters will provide grist for my writing-mill.

3 Comments:

Blogger Darlene Sinclair said...

So... I played hooky, too. After a poor night's sleep and not getting much done the past few days, I decided I needed the time to regroup and maybe even do some cooking (nothing exciting enough to write about, however.)

I have hardly even posted, let alone concern myself with substantive topics. So I think we can blame busy schedules with Seussical and moving and such. Sounds believable to me. And I have been through this enough to know that eventually seasons for reflection return, as does the ability to process thought. At least I hope...

Love you and cannot wait to be neighbors in Madrid!

5:29 PM  
Blogger thisrequiresthought said...

we are bad, bad, hooky-playing girls!

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Friend#37 said...

I take issue with that slanderous comment about Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches!

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home