Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Farewell to 3108

I've got nothing against sentimentality.

One might assume that the last clean up/wipe down/walk through of 3108 would spawn at least a small amount of wistful yearning; one session of how could I leave here and never come back? (Sniff sniff.)

But, true to my forward-looking self, nothing remotely sentimental rose to the surface.

I only stood with my tired hands on my tired hips and sighed a huge wind-tunnel sigh of relief that the job of moving out was a done deal. I then thought hugely happy thoughts of how much the new family that is taking up residence here will LOVE LOVE LOVE this house. I hope and pray that they have much happiness in this 1830 brick farmhouse.

Farewell, 3108! Thanks for letting us live here for seven wonderful years!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So did someone buy your house?! Your stone house looks so beautiful. I can't wait to see it again.

We're closing on a house here in Richmond soon!

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Lore said...

Well. I'm sad. Okay. So whatever, let me be sad.

11:00 AM  
Blogger thisrequiresthought said...

yes, some lucky people bought our house! YAY!
call me when you have some time. Our phone # is unchanged...I want to hear all about your farmhouse!
p.s. I am very good with a paintbrush. How about another trip to Richmond?

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home